Welcome to Foothills Camera Club
Promoting the Art of Photography Through Education and Fellowship
Happy New Year! See you at our next meeting, February 7th, 2023
Credit Amy Liu Photography
- Guest Speaker: Lee Nordbye – Lee Nordbye Photography
"Listening to the ice crunch as I dig my crampons into the ice, my mind wanders for a just a second. When my attention returns to the moment, I find myself quickly sliding down the face of the steep ice face on Little Athabasca Glacier. A jerk of the rope and I come to an abrupt stop. Without hesitation, I get up and start to climb up the face. I reach my guide, he asks if I am ok, I say yes, we have a bit of a laugh and on we go to our target, Boundary Peak." Lee will recount stories like this one from his adventures in the Rockies and will pair the stories with his bold visual stories. Lee will detail what energizes him to take up adventures like the one above and the inspiration for each of his bold visual stories in the presentation. Lee will share some tips and tricks he uses to capture his images. Lee is excited to chat with you about photography and your journey.
- Challenge 2 Results and Discussion
- Challenge 3 Presentation
Challenge 2: Creating Images that Make us Feel Something
- Submit 1 – 2 images that evokes the sense of sound, touch, taste or smell
- Use either a new image or one from your archives
- Post your image under the Challenge heading in the competitions by February 2nd
- The results will be shared at our meeting on February 7th
What to know more? View the PowerPoint Presentation that Linda and Gayle presented at the Jan 3rd meeting.
- February 21st - Guest Speaker: Ursula Abresch - Art Photography
- Mini Essay Presentation
- We would love to see your photos! Check out the galleries and feel free to add to them.
- Do you have a special interest or passion in photography? Is it listed under our Special Interest groups? If not consider starting one of your own. Just send an email or make an announcement at the next meeting.
- FCC Handbook
Calendar: Check for meeting times, competition deadlines and upcoming Field Trips.
Field Trips: Field Trips will be organized by our Field Trip coordinator BUT you don't have to wait for that. If you have an idea, and want to invite others out, feel free to send a email to the members outlining your idea. If you contact a member of the executive we can add it to the calendar as well.
Education: We are looking at traditional as well as non-traditional ways that we can bring presenters and speakers to our members. We are researching opportunities for local in-house speakers as well as Zoom speakers. Zoom speakers will be presented at the in person meeting.
Competitions: Competitions are ongoing. See the Competition Summary for dates and the FCC Handbook for competition categories.
Newsletter: "Organization/News and Information" *for members only
Social Media: Join our private Facebook Group You can use it to post images, and talk with other club members and past members. It is a private group so if you haven't been to it before you will need to "Join" the group. Please note that you need to be a current or past member of FCC or have been a speaker at a club meeting to join this group.
Sponsors: 2022-2023 Sponsors Thank you to all of our sponsors! Sponsor representatives will join us at the following meetings:
2022-2023 Competition Results
Generously Supported By