Welcome to Foothills Camera Club
Promoting the Art of Photography Through Education and Fellowship
Next meeting: May 16th, 2023
- Presentation by Jan Lyall - Adventures in Israel and Jordan with Freeman Patterson
- Viewing of remaining min-essays, the Special 5 entries and the President Theme entries
- Overview of our Special Interest Groups
April 4th, 2023 - Annual General Meeting
2023 CAPA Photo Journalism Competition - 4th Place with Honourable mention (31 Clubs Entered)
2022 - 2023 Challenges
A big thank you to Linda, Gayle and Christine for inspiring the FCC with four challenges this season. Each one provided us with opportunities to grow and improve as photographers.
- Image of the Year - Due May 18th
- FCC Awards Banquet at the Danish Canadian Club - June 2nd, 2023
- 2023 Priddis Millarville Fair, August 19 & 20, Photography Competition & Judging
- The FCC has donated $100 for prizes
- Community Project - Providence Care Centre - Senior Profiles
- Volunteer orientation – Friday May 5th 1:30 to 3:30
- Date for Photography still to be set – possibly May 30th 10 to 12 AM
- We would love to see your photos! Check out the galleries and feel free to add to them.
- Do you have a special interest or passion in photography? Is it listed under our Special Interest groups? If not consider starting one of your own. Just send an email or make an announcement at the next meeting.
- FCC Handbook
Calendar: Check for meeting times, competition deadlines and upcoming Field Trips.
Field Trips: Field Trips will be organized by our Field Trip coordinator BUT you don't have to wait for that. If you have an idea, and want to invite others out, feel free to send a email to the members outlining your idea. If you contact a member of the executive we can add it to the calendar as well.
Education: We are looking at traditional as well as non-traditional ways that we can bring presenters and speakers to our members. We are researching opportunities for local in-house speakers as well as Zoom speakers. Zoom speakers will be presented at the in person meeting.
Competitions: Competitions are ongoing. See the Competition Summary for dates and the FCC Handbook for competition categories.
Newsletter: "Organization/News and Information" *for members only
Social Media: Join our private Facebook Group You can use it to post images, and talk with other club members and past members. It is a private group so if you haven't been to it before you will need to "Join" the group. Please note that you need to be a current or past member of FCC or have been a speaker at a club meeting to join this group.
Sponsors: 2022-2023 Sponsors Thank you to all of our sponsors! Sponsor representatives will join us at the following meetings:
2022-2023 Competition Results
Generously Supported By